1. it is odd that 女作家 rarely______ discussion on American literature:说什么因为许多这类型的文学作家is far more _____ than her.(It is ironic that 女作家 rarely _____ from (大概意思是public)， given that 大家都倾向于other authors, (这些其他作家)比她 much ______)
A. Surface in …
B. Is absent from … inept
2. The new illustrations, though they follow the plot, have little to do with the tone of Alice in Wonderland; unchangingly_______, they _______ the subtext of a story, that is, for all its whimsy, XXXXX terrifying instability of identity. a. grim belie b. contradict c. fanciful reinforce d. update ... miss e. cheerful elucidate
答案：update .. miss
3. A simplest unicellular biological organism bacterial cell can live independently. Although its structure is pretty simple, there is a higher _____in contrast to the most intricate piece of the machinery in the world, which is inferior, still seems _____.
4. A simplest cell origanism, but the bacterial cell can support a whole life:
5. 孩子有时对parents来说______(很烦人)，就像电脑对使用者老说，machine is unwilling_____(配合)。
6. Broadway的musical一直享有____(一致好评)，确实有许多are profit，but few are____(不尽人意)
7. The evidence that a renounced composer Mendelssohn had published some of his cousin’s works in his name ________ the view that she was actually a _________ talent.说一个男的作曲家经常用自己的名字出版妹妹的作品的证据变得_______了，这显得他的妹妹是个______天才
参考答案：Buttress …… significant
8. The scientist found it puzzling that his rival's theory retained its ____despite widespread suggestions that it was now ____. (A) perspective.. dated
(E) credibility.. recognized
9. Although there are not a few __________viewers of the popular TV show, it inspires less a passionate following ____________ observers. 候选有一组是 indifferent … loyal， 还有一组是 XXX … zealous.
10. …having…, she shed her ________, and developed from a _______________ to …actress sure ….
答案：discernment …… novice
11. Far from being the_________ form of literature, romance novel is the ________of the potential of literature to affect the emotions of the reader. 相似枫叶原题(已基本确定就是这道)：
Far from being most ____ of literal form, romantic fiction is more moving than other genre have the____of potential to affect reader's emotion. (NO.3)
答案：shallow … realization/ achievement/ utilization
12. 尽管某人 有 reputation of ____, 其他人说他平常其实是______的
13. 版本1：一个专家advocating依赖药物的替代品并不是disinterested,因为他之前已经申请了一个这方面的patent。 版本2：He _____ an act to prevent(咖啡注释，这个相当于底下的'ban') usage of the food-additive,however he is not _____, because he is developing a material to substitute it. 相似枫叶原题(已基本确定就是这道)： The scientist's motivation for____ a ban(可能没有ban) on the addictive food cannot be called as ____ ; he himself had a patent for the substitution for the addictive food.
【注解】addictive: [adj]入迷的altruistic:[adj]利他主义的substitution :[n]代替物disinterested:[adj]无私的
14. 人们关于一个女人的评价是不中立的(not disinterested),some laud有些赞扬得很厉害，有些excoriate很厉害。
the evaluation to sb is hardly________ ：一些鸟人laud他as inventive and XXXX，另一些人_______as blunder and XXXX。
答案：disinterested/dispassionate … excoriate